Dos and don’ts in an interview
- Remember that the interview is not a chat; it is a formal situation with the clear objective of obtaining specific information in a limited time
- The relationship between interviewer and candidate should be professional and not personal
- Before going to the interview, think about your positive points and those which you still have to develop. Don’t be afraid to explain your professional achievements and errors, and say what you’ve learned from them.
- In the interview, you’ll be asked for information about yourself. Take it as an opportunity to champion your candidature
- To meet his or her objectives, the interviewer must formulate questions in a distinct way. Don’t be defensive and don’t get lost in over-elaborate explanations.